Teaching Healthy, Expressive Piano Technique
This online course gives both new and experienced piano teachers and music students an in-depth understanding of how to teach all aspects of piano technique to beginners, intermediate and advanced students. Based on Penelope Roskell’s award-winning book, The Complete Pianist, the course uses thirty-one high-quality videos and copious notes and music examples to illustrate a healthy, sustainable approach to technique.
Features & benefits
- The course is divided into six parts featuring thirty-one high-quality videos (approx. 9 hrs total) with multiple camera angles.
- Each aspect of technique is presented in a step-by-step approach, starting with simple, unique exercises devised by Penelope herself which are then developed into more complex ones.
- The videos are supplemented with detailed notes and numerous musical examples which can also be downloaded for ease of use.
- Repertoire featured includes well known pieces from all levels plus several original pieces by Penelope designed to demonstrate specific concepts.
- The course forms the basis of the Trinity Laban pedagogy course and the ideas and concepts within are all supported by the latest research in the biomechanics of piano playing and current pedagogical thinking.
- Several intuitive navigation options enable you to follow the course sequentially at your own pace and convenience or to reference specific topics when needed.
A healthy piano technique not only avoids injury but also helps to achieve a more beautiful sound, greater artistic freedom and faster progress. This comprehensive course will help you to resolve common problems and instil a well-coordinated, confident approach to technique in your students, paving the way for a lifetime of fruitful, expressive and injury-free playing!