ABRSM Workshop Day
06 Dec 2020 @ 09:00 UTC
Join us for a comprehensive online workshop day featuring all aspects of the new ABRSM 2021 – 2022 piano examination syllabus. This event serves as a follow-on to our previous workshop series, covering new repertoire and related topics in further detail.
The day will be divided up into five sessions featuring the following topics:
- Repertoire – Two sessions with detailed demonstrations on how to learn a piece, develop an interpretation and practice tips for pieces across all grades
- Scales & arpeggios - Overcoming technical problems, practice methods and imaginative ways for integrating them into daily practice and lessons
- Sight-reading & aural tests – Practical ideas for improving sight-reading and developing the ear using repertoire
- Preparation and performance – Strategies for exam preparation, fostering a positive mental attitude and tips for what to do on the day
Participants will have the opportunity to submit questions and requests for repertoire to be featured in advance of the event. There will also be numerous opportunities for questions through-out the various sessions. (Please click here to view the complete schedule.)
In addition to participating in the event, tickets include the following:
- Session recordings – The individual sessions will be recorded therefore you will be able to watch the videos in your own time if you are unable to attend any of the sessions.
- Worksheets – A selection of worksheets will be provided for
- Online Academy resources – Access to our full collection of video resources for the ABRSM syllabus (almost 100 videos!) is also included
Who it’s for?
This event is essential for exam candidates and piano teachers following the syllabus, but will also be invaluable for those who want to learn some exciting new repertoire, make progress with scales and arpeggios, improve their sight-reading, learn strategies for performance preparation and deal with performance nerves.
If you have attended one of our previous workshops on the syllabus, you may still find this event to be useful as it is intended as a follow-up. Graham will be featuring new repertoire, covering topics e.g. learning pieces in further detail and taking questions from participants. You will also be able to submit your own questions and repertoire requests in advance of the event.
Click here to subscribe and save 40% on this product!